Monday, February 4, 2013

Flip Flop February: Day 1

Hey everyone! It's great to be BACK!

Sorry for the unintentional hiatus - I haven't had internet in my apartment and this semester of school is kicking my butt!

This month though, is the FLIP\FLOP FEBRUARY challenge! It's being hosted by Jilltastic Nail Design - she has done an amazing job coming up with the prompts!
Everyday has TWO options (harder on the left, easier on the right) so everyone can participate! I love it because two options means twice the inspiration! This post has everything defined - that's right, everything.

Day 1 was Gradient/Skittle - I'm not a huge fan of skittles, so I went for a gradient!


Instead of doing a traditional sponging, I used tiny diamonds to create my gradient! The pink I used is China Glaze's "Escaping Reality" from the Cirque Du Soleil: World's Away collection. I seriously LOVE it - the perfect neon hot pink with a fairly matte/jelly like finish. 

Now go check out all the other great participating bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. I love this it's so funky and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really tried to find a new way to get the gradient look! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! Where did you get the diamonds??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got them from dollarnailart.com. It was a pretty good amount for $1 - I've been able to do several designs and I still have a lot left!

      Delete